West Bengal industrialisation plans on hold as centre reviews SEZs The West Bengal government's industrialisation ambitions received a series of setbacks in the past month with the Union government deciding to put additional special economic zones (SEZs) on hold until a review; Left Front allies rejecting a proposal to relax land ceiling laws; and the Calcutta High Court quashing prohibitory orders under Section 144 at Singur calling it an "abuse of power'.
Chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee now says the state will not take land from farmers without consent.
- World energy investment 2023
- Levels and trends in child malnutrition 2023
- Global annual to decadal climate update (Target years: 2023-2027)
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding pollution of Ban Ganga river, Katra, Jammu & Kashmir, 10/05/2023
- Global report on food crises 2023
- Global EV outlook 2023