The National Family Health Survey 2015-16 (NFHS-4), the fourth in the NFHS series, provides information on population, health and nutrition for India and each State / Union territory. NFHS-4, for the first time, provides district-level estimates for many important indicators. This fact sheet provides information on key indicators and trends for India. The figures of NFHS-4 and that of earlier rounds may not be strictly comparable due to differences in sample size and NFHS-4 will be a benchmark for future surveys. NFHS-4 fieldwork for India was conducted from 20 January 2015 to 4 December 2016 by 14 Field Agencies and gathered information from 601,509 households, 699,686 women, and 103,525 men.
National Family Health Survey 2015-16 (NFHS-4): India fact sheet
01/03/2017 | Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Women and men In India 2017
- India: Health of the Nation’s states- the India state-level disease burden initiative
- National Health Accounts Estimates for India 2014-15
- Through the looking glass: A practical path to improving healthcare through transparency
- National Family Health Survey 2015-16 (NFHS-4): states fact sheets