vehicles restricted: More than 15-year old vehicles will have to be phased out from the National Capital Region to comply with a new directive of the Supreme Court.
green taj: The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has drafted a green plan for the half-constructed Taj Heritage Corridor site, a plan to build a corridor between five heritage monuments in Agra. The project brought down the Mayawati government in 2003. In the plan submitted to the Supreme Court on August 26, 2006, ASI has sought permission to create a dense forest belt along the corridor. The Union ministry of environment and forests will green the area. Under the plan, nearby villagers will be barred from using the river Yamuna and ASI has sought a direction from the court to provide them alternate facilities.
back again: The chief mentor of Infosys, N R Narayana Murthy, has agreed to head Karnataka's IT Vision Group - an offer extended to him by Karnataka chief minister, H D Kumaraswamy on September 5, 2006. Murthy will guide the group towards development of information technology, biotechnology and precision engineering. Kumaraswamy acknowledged Murthy's
- Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS): quarterly bulletin (July – September 2023)
- Economic report on Africa 2023: building Africa’s resilience to global economic shocks
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding illegal mining of morrum for the construction of railway track from Bhadrak to Nergundi, Cuttack district, Odisha, 23/11/2023
- A framework for climate change mitigation in India
- Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) – annual report (July, 2022 – June, 2023)
- Sustainable finance: bridging the gap in Asia and the Pacific