This paper aims to answer three research questions for each of the three contexts assessed: What is the availability and use of financial services? How can financial services contribute to building climate resilience in terms of managing climate- related risks and exploiting climate-related opportunities? How can policy-makers support the development of financial services to build climate resilience? Drawing from the findings of the analysis, the authors recommend strengthening the financial infrastructure, engaging with domestic financial service providers and telecoms companies and improving capacity, financial literacy and trust in the financial system amongst vulnerable groups.
Climate resilience and financial services
01/02/2016 | Overseas Development Institute
- Reporting climate resilience: the challenges ahead
- Advancing TCFD guidance on physical climate risks and opportunities
- Resilience in Zambia: impact evaluation of the 'Citizen Participation in Adaptation to Climate Change' project
- Fostering green finance for sustainable development in Asia
- Building urban resilience to climate change: a review of South Africa