In a statement, members of the Indian Medical Association have urged the government to take immediate measures to control particulate emissions from diesel vehicles in the country.
The Chaliyar Action Council has approached the National Human Rights Commission urging it to undertake a comprehensive investigation into the denial of right to life and livelihood of the people due to emissions from a polluting industry located on the banks of Chaliyar river in Kerala's Kozhikode district.
The first Indo-French joint venture for solid waste management is being taken up in Calcutta and its adjoining areas to alleviate the waste management problems of greater Calcutta.
The situation in Tripura took a turn for the worse, with the death toll in landslides rising to 14 and two persons drowning in the Gomati. At least 12 people were reportedly killed in landslides in the Sonamura subdivision.
For the first time, the Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) has engaged a private firm for sanitation work on an experimental basis for three years under the
- Asia’s transition to net zero: opportunities and challenges in agriculture
- EnviStats India 2023, Vol II: environment accounts
- The state of global air quality funding 2023
- Operationalising the loss and damage fund to address climate impacts
- Renewable energy and jobs: annual review 2023
- Smart Cities Mission, India: localizing Sustainable Development Goals