The virtual world of secondlife.com is serious business. Last month steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal, ceo of ArcelorMittal, held a regular shareholders" meeting in Luxembourg and linked it with the digital continent.
The meeting was held to give shareholders an opportunity to meet and talk to Mittal. Avatars in secondlife could see in streaming video ArcelorMittal chairman being interviewed and entering into a dialogue with investors in Luxembourg. The avatars also got the opportunity to ask questions, which they did.
Secondlife, is a virtual world which allows its members to assume different identities and live in a created digital continent teeming with people,experiences, entertainment and opportunities of their choice. Secondlife enables you to create your own character by choosing your physical features and your virtual name.
ArcelorMittal wants to reach younger shareholders or potential shareholders residing in this virtual world. The company even considers selling shares in secondlife.
- Poor people’s energy outlook 2017: financing national energy access- a bottom-up approach
- AFFORDABILITY OF HEALTH CARE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR VAST MAJORITY OF POPULATION, ESPECIALLY IN TERTIARY CARE – VICE PRESIDENT
- Nuclear waste-burning reactor moves a step closer to reality
- Strengthening the Patent Regime: Benefits for Developing Countries - A Survey
- Integrating agendas for forests, agriculture and climate change mitigation
- World livestock 2011: livestock in food security