News In short
spoiling act: A group of activists has alleged that a few countries led by Canada are sabotagingun's Rotterdam Convention. The ten-year old convention aims to control global trade in hazardous chemicals.
Environmental, gender, labour and health groups from India and abroad have, in a joint statement, said the countries, including India and many other developing countries, are blocking implementation of the convention that 120 countries have ratified.
In 2006, over 100 countries approved a recommendation made by a chemical review committee formed under the convention which said chrysotile asbestos was harmful and be listed in the
- Order of the National Green Tribunal on damage to dwellings due to landslide, Doda district, Jammu & Kashmir, 20/09/2023
- Climate finance shadow report 2023: assessing the delivery of the $100 billion commitment
- Plastic waste in road construction- a path worth paving?: application of dry process in South Asia
- Emissions gap report 2022
- Report by Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board on steps taken to check Adyar pollution, 25/01/2022
- Air quality and climate bulletin