The embankments of Kamla Balan have been breached on several occasions. In 1963, when the river burst its embankments near Ramghat, it submerged villages such as Kharbar, Gangapur, Gunakarpur and Belhi. In 1964, the left bank on the Lakhnour block was breached near Daiya Kharbari.
In 1965, innumerable breaches occurred in Lakhnour, Jhanjharpur, Manigachi and Madhepur blocks. There-after, they happened again in 1968, 1971, 1974, 1979, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996 and 1998.
The Kosi embankments have been breached many times with notable failures in 1968, 1981, 1984, 1987.
In Nautan and Baria of West Champaran district, villagers demolished embankments on the Gandak in 1993.*
The residents of Shivganj, Kadwa, Kumhari also removed the embankments in their area on the Mahananda river.*
In Barharwa and Sitamarhi, people have not allowed the administration to rebuild embankments.*
- Affidavit filed by one of the residents living near the Brahmapuram waste disposal facility, Kochi, Kerala, 20/03/2023
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding gas leak in an apparel factory at Atchutapuram in Anakapalli district, Andhra Pradesh, 18/01/2023
- Committee constituted to look into the stone quarry collapse in Mizoram, 28/11/2022
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding illegal extraction of groundwater by builders operating in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, 15/111/2022
- Joint inspection report of river bed mining lease at village Katari Sunaudha, tehsil Bilhaur, district Kanpur Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, 10/08/2022
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding incomplete drain in front of Saket Girls PG College, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, 01/07/2022