High on sugar
about 12.1 per cent of adults over the age of 20 in India suffer from diabetes, reveals the National Urban Diabetes Survey (nuds) carried out by the Diabetes Epidemiology Survey Group in India (desi).
The survey shows that every eighth person in the urban areas suffers from the disease. In addition to these, 14 per cent people are suffering from impaired glucose tolerance (igt), whereby, blood sugar levels are higher than normal. The survey indicates that every fourth person in urban India can end up suffering from diabetes.
The survey was carried out in six cities
- WHO global report on sodium intake reduction
- Healthy and sustainable diets in Bangladesh
- Performance of agriculture in Uttar Pradesh region – wise analysis
- Food outlook 2022: biannual report on global food markets
- Food security challenges and vulnerability in Small Island Developing States (SIDS)
- UPPCB report on violation of environmental norms by Sir Shadilal Enterprises, Shamli, Uttar Pradesh, 26/07/2021